It's the same color as the house. Wouldn't you know it, I ran out of paint with just this much left to do! So it was off to the store again for more. It's fine that we have it on hand - we'll use it eventually. I hope to get the trim done next week, but right now the weather forecast isn't too promising. You just can't paint in the rain! We had incredibly strong winds this day, as you can tell by looking at the pussy toes in this picture.
The ladder blew over twice! (I wasn't on it either time.) I had sheets on the line, and had checked to make sure they wouldn't blow into the shed walls. Well, they didn't hit the walls, but one did manage to nick the paint pan, so down it came in one big hurry (with the wind and low humidity, the paint dried in about 10 minutes) to get scrubbed and re-washed. I can happily report it's just fine.I've sorted through all the baby/kid clothes now, and washed a small mountain of it to give away. Keeping the tiny Twins shirts and hat, though... I have a few more boxes to go through, of stuff I'm pretty sure we'll keep. But I think only about 15% of what came out is going back in, so that's pretty good. Got plastic boxes this time! I know that's not the best thing for storage, but the paper boxes just got too icky. I'll wrap clothes in tissue paper, which will help them last. I'm actually astonished at how well they lasted.
We've had a delay in Project #2, the roof. Our neighbors had their roof redone recently - turned out they had wind and hail damage. Well, any weather their roof had, ours did, too! We're having it looked at next week to see if there is any of that kind of damage. Is it odd to hope there is? Updates to follow... But the insulation still goes in Monday. I'm curious to see how they do it - it's an expanding foam that's sprayed on. We have no idea how big the equipment is - or even if they bring it inside or use a window!
We've made big progress on Project #4! That's the new patio and pergola. We've selected a contractor, who should start June 13 (of course all this is weather permitting, and, with all the rain this year, who knows?). We're excited to work with him. He's very enthusiastic and comes with good recommendations. It's great to work with someone who really wants the job. The stone is picked and the pergola ordered. I even have the plants on hand - had to get them whilst they were available...
Our gardens are coming along nicely, except for our poor tomato and peppers. It's just too cool and damp for them to thrive. I'm pleased with the way the native flowers are filling in - you ca
nreally start to see the garden's structure now.

Our lilies have mutilplied greatly in their third year. I anticipate quite a show!
That dratted ground cover is back, as I knew it would be. I've been at it once with Roundup already, and need to make another pass. I must admit there's far less of it than there used to be, but that won't continue unless I keep after the stuff. Again, I have to find time without rain! The apple tree was lovely while it bloomed. It's still pretty - the foliage is a bronzy-green that looks good all summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment