Almost done with the sorting - we can soon put a bit of stuff back in our nice, clean alcoves.
I started painting the trim on the shed yesterday about the same time the guy started working upstairs. I had it easier - I was done by noon and had a bit of a breeze and only the outside temp to contend with! So much for one coat paint - it'll need a second. That ticks me off - I paid extra for one coat coverage and didn't get it. Should have known better than to think it actually exists. So it's not done, but you can't really tell from a distance. Here's the shed!
I'm getting so excited for next week!
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
I am SO thankful I don't install insulation...
We had the insulation installed in the alcoves yesterday. Now, mind you, on any even warmish day, the alcoves can get pretty darn steamy. Well, yesterday was more than "warmish." We got to 97 for the high, with a dewpoint somewhere in the mid to upper 60s. Pavement buckled all over the Cities, and some folks ended up in hospitals with heat-related troubles. So here's this poor guy putting in the insulation. He has to wear something like a haz-mat suit, with full face mask/filter and everything. Then he tells me that this foam insulation is mixed at 120 degrees in the truck! So he's spraying 120 degree foam into already hot areas. To add insult to injury, the stuff gives off heat as it dries. He just poured water in all day, but it wasn't enough. By the end of the day, he was pretty dizzy. I gave him some lemonade and pop - what he really needed was something like Gatorade to replace the eloctrolytes he sweated out, but neither of us had any. I sure am glad I don't have his job. Well, I wouldn't, no matter what, as I'd end up in the hospial in nothing flat. Anyway, it's done and here's where we started and where we ended.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment