So much for one-coat paint... The trim all took two coats, and the off-white needed a lot of touch ups. But I finished all that today and cleaned the windows, so that's one thing out of the way before the patio gets started. That won't happen until about June 22, as our contractor doesn't want to be in the middle of the job when the the roofers come. I don't want that, either! Believe it or not, if the weather cooperates and all goes well, it'll be done in 4 days. Wow - would have taken us all summer.
The insulation still stinks - I'm not sure what we can do about it. The roofer told me it should only take a day or two to de-stink, but it's been a week. We can only figure that there isn't any air circulation in the alcoves, so the smell just can't get out. We're now trying fans to move the air around. The roofer should be coming in the next day or so, and you can be sure I'll ask him.
Joe pulled all the door out of the upstairs today. We have the alcove doors all lined up in the garage. I'm hoping to get at least primer on the back and four sides tomorrow, and maybe a coat of paint, too. Then there are all the door jambs to do, and the regular doors... I won't be done with paintbrushes anytime soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment