Thursday, June 30, 2011

A digression

Well, sort of. Since I spent hours outside Tuesday (not at all a complaint, mind you), I pretty much caught up with that work, so today I tackled some indoor work. Of course, a high in the mid-90s with a dewpoint in the mid-70s meant I wouldn't be outside no matter how much needed doing! Sure felt sorry for the guys working out there...

Anyway, this is only a sort of digression because I worked on sorting the last few boxes from the alcoves upstairs. The two I got through had all kinds of treasures, including the box from my engagement ring (thought that was long gone), music from high school band, and, best of all, the folder with all the notes Joe wrote me before we were married. Tops in that one? The note he wrote asking me out for the very first time. I nearly cried. I hadn't been able to find it for years. Figured it was there somewhere, but you never know - it could have been tossed by mistake. Found stories he wrote, and some newspaper articles, too. How many of you know he majored in journalism? Let me tell you, I treasure those notes and am so grateful I now know precisely where they live! Oh, found my old headgear from my days with braces, too! Sure don't miss that at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment