Things were going so well.
Actually, the work is just fine. The electricians got done what they needed to do for the first inspection yesterday, and then called for an inspector to come (they come twice - once for rough in and once at the end). I guess it's typical to call the day you want the inspection - seems odd to me, but that's what they said. I don't know if it's the upcoming holiday weekend, so people are off, or if there's just that much building going on, but instead of the inspector coming today, he's coming the 28th - SIX DAYS LATER than planned. Well, that's bringing things to a screeching halt.
The plumber ought to be there as I write, and they can get their preliminary work done and inspected, but then nothing else happens until after the electrical inspection is done. I had to put off the general inspection 6 days, too, so the whole thing is now a week behind. There's some work to be done between those two visits, so we need to allow time for that as well.
The upshot from this is that after today, I think we'll move dishwashing back into the kitchen. It's easy to move out again, and just so much easier in a sink than a tub! And we'll clean off the counters and run a dust mop over the floors... The crews have been really good about cleaning, but there is some dust. Less than I expected, really, and since we took down all the nearby pictures and have been closing the bedrooms off (with a folded sheet at the bottom of the door), it's not nearly as bad as it could have been.
The hardest thing to do without will be the stove. It won't get reconnected until the cabinets are in, around June 5. A hot plate just isn't the same! Still, this is better than the months some folks I know have had their renovations last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment