Plant swap, anyone? With this unbelievably early spring, my thoughts are way ahead of schedule. And of course I've been mulling this over off and on for months... I have some plants I'd like to get that maybe you have extras of, and I have some extras or things that can be divided. It doesn't have to be a swap - I'm happy to take things without giving the donor something, and will donate to someone without something to trade. I hope that made sense...
I'm in need of hostas and ferns. Any kind is fine, as long as the hostas aren't the huge kind. I have the plain old green hostas I can divide, but I like getting different kinds. I've never had luck transplanting my ferns, although the ones someone gave me years ago grow wonderfully.
I have Stella d'Oro daylilies I can easily divide. They're tough as nails and bloom for weeks. I also have Missouri evening primrose and black-eyed Susans. My primrose don't have flowers 5 inches across, but you get the idea. They get nice red foliage later in the summer, and, although they spread, they're not hard to control. The black-eyed Susans (I think the picture is right) aren't the regular kind, with one flower per stem. The flowers are smaller, and come several to a stem. They bloom for a longer time, and self-seed easily, but they're not hard to get rid of. The last thing I have is showy goldenrod. It just isn't a good fit where I have it.It does need staking.
Looks like White Siberian Squill to me......early spring bloomer in Minnesota. A wildflower, invasive, non-native......but oh so pretty! Do the white flowers have little blue lines in them?
ReplyDelete