I'm curious how everyone else's veggies are doing. While my flowers are great, my veggies leave a lot to be desired. Fortunately, I'm getting most of them from a CSA, because I'm not getting much out of my garden. I've got a few cherry tomatoes, but I don't think I'll get any peppers, and the broccoli is being chewed by
something. Sadly, my Greek beans aren't doing well. They came up, but bugs are eating them, they've got something that looks like rust and the beans don't taste sweet like they did on Crete. Must be the combo of soil and climate here... Oh, well. People have told me they've heard the same things from others, but I'd like some first hand comments.
Anyway, the flowers are doing quite well! We're having mostly adequate rainfall, so I'm not watering all the time like I was last year. I watered the natives with soaker hoses for only the second time this year, and I think I've only done the regular garden once! The snapdragons are the one flower not doing well - and they're favorites of ours. But it's hard to complain when nearly everything is gorgeous.
Some more of the natives are blooming. Left to right: Butterfly weed, cardinal flower and prairie onion.


No comments:
Post a Comment