There are bold mushroom hunters, but there are no old, bold mushroom hunters. Well, I'm not any kind of mushroom hunter, so I won't be tempted by the ones growing in our grass. I can't remember the last time it was wet enough for that to happen. You're more apt to hear me bemoan the absence of rain rather than the abundance of it, but, really, enough is enough! 12 of 14 days of June with rain - and not the 20-30 minute late afternoon shower kind of rain. The all day drip kind of rain, and when it's not raining, it's gloomy. I'm really in need of some sun!
I can't spray the roses, I can't spray that blasted ground cover, and I can't even weed. The ground is so sodden I'm afraid to walk on it as I'll just compact the soil. My tomatoes and peppers are absolutely forlorn, as it's chilly along with damp. On the plus side, we've been dry for so long it's great for the ground. The flowers, for the most part, couldn't be happier. And the utility bills will be low! The forecast for the weekend, should I choose to even think about relying on it, calls for nicer weather. Maybe we can finally get the mulch down?
Hope lives in the heart of every gardener, and I'm no exception!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment